Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gift Basket Winner!




Good Morning All!
Kara Lynn asked me to announce the winner of her birthday drawing. As if I don’t have enough to do on the day before Thanksgiving, but oh well. My son is home for the holiday and it’s not that I don’t appreciate the visit, but…

Here is Wisconsin Thanksgiving is secondary. The real focus of the season is deer hunting season. My son brought several of his friends with them and they’ve been out in the woods every day. They get up at five a.m., bang around my kitchen, leave me a mess and then they’re off. They come home after dark, all smelly and sweaty, and expect me to have supper ready. I’m getting too old for this. I’m well past the age when I should be packing lunches and picking up dirty socks.

Not to mention that they’ve scared my poor cat nearly half to death. As soon as those lumbering oafs burst into my home, she skedaddled to under my bed and I don’t think she’s been out since. I can’t even convince her to go out for her nightly prowl.

So tomorrow is Thanksgiving and in the middle of all this chaos I’m supposed to produce a magnificent feast for this crowd. If they think they’re going to go sit in the woods all day and then come home to find a hot meal waiting for them, they have another think coming. I’ve got enough aprons and potato peelers to go around. If they aren’t interested in helping, I’m off to the church’s Thanksgiving supper and they can be on their own.

Wait. What were we talking about? Oh yes, the winner of the gift basket. I know Kara enjoyed her party immensely, even though I don’t see any sense in going to this sort of party. I mean, there’s not even any cake! But on the other hand, no one had to bring a gift. Anyway, the winner of the gift basket is Laurel Bradley. Laurel just happens to be another Wild Rose Press author. She wrote a fantastic romance called Crème Brulee Upset. Congratulations Laurel!



Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Cora Applebaum

4 comments:

Cindy K. Green said...

Congrats Laurel! I know you'll love this basket. And I've read Creme Brulee Upset and just loved it--btw.

Sarita Leone said...

Big congrats, Laurel! And Cindy's right; Creme Brulee Upset is a great read. I enjoyed it very much!

Laurel Bradley said...

Kara Lynn, Thank you for the basket. I look forward to receiving it.

Cora, thank you for the kind words about Creme Brulee Upset. I'm happy you enjoyed it.

Laurel Bradley
A Wish in Time
Creme Brulee Upset

Laurel Bradley said...

Cindy and Sarita,
Thank you for buying, reading and mentioning you enjoyed Creme Brulee Upset.

A few more things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving weekend.

Laurel Bradley
A Wish in Time
Creme Brulee Upset